Expounding on our email from last week!
Last week we shared an article from Area Development, “The 2021 Top States for doing business”,
This week we’d like to share with you an article from CNBC, “America’s Top States for Business”
In 2021, CNBC names Tennessee the #5 state!
CNBC scored all 50 states on 85 metrics in 10 broad categories of competitiveness. Each category is weighted based on how frequently states use them as a selling point in economic development marketing materials.
Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development shares with us the reasons they believe you should select Tennessee’s business-friendly environment:
- No personal income tax on wages and salaries.
- A right-to-work state.
- A long history of fiscal responsibility that crosses party lines.
- Lowest state debt per capita in the country, per The Tax Foundation.
- Second lowest in the U.S. for state and local tax taxes paid per capita, per The Tax Foundation.
- Triple A rate by all major rating services.
- Successful overhaul of our tort and workers compensation laws.