The Benefits of Offering a Pet-Friendly Short Term Rental
The Great Smoky Mountains is a sanctuary for families, couples, and adventure seekers. For many of these visitors, a vacation isn’t complete without their furry friends.
Offering a pet-friendly rental not only widens your target audience but also adds an emotional touch to your property – it signifies that you care about the entire family.
After all, pets are family too!
Tips for Creating Pet-Friendly Spaces Indoors and Outdoors
When designing a pet-friendly indoor space, it’s crucial to consider both comfort and durability.
- Furniture selection is so important! Fabrics that are spill proof and resistant to damage are a good choice. Slipcovers can be a lifesaver, because they can be removed and washed when needed.
- Choose floors that are resistant to scratches and dents and are easy to clean. Muddy paws happen!
- Providing safety gates will allow guests to keep a close watch on their pets while in an unfamiliar home, creating a sense of safety!
- Having a pet emergency kit is an excellent extra touch. Provided pet specific supplies and a list of local emergency vet services, just in case!
When designing a pet-friendly indoor space, it’s crucial to consider safety and security.
- If your short term rental offers outdoor space for pets a secure fence is a must! A secure fence prevents adventurous pets from wandering away, and provides a safe place for them to explore. You can enhance your pet play area by providing fun activities like ramps or a mini obstacle course!
These considerations not only enhance the experience for pets but also ensure a hassle-free environment for homeowners.
Top Amenities for a Pet Friendly Short Term Rental
To stand out as a pet friend Short Term Rental property, the little things matter. There are a few ways you can separate your short term property from the rest!
Provide a local pet guide for your home, with a list of pet friendly trails in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, along with pet friendly restaurants and other activities.
Wash stations make a day of romping around in the park a breeze! Not only does this make adventuring more fun for your guests, but it also ensures you the cleanliness of your home.
Looking to go above and beyond for your pet guests? You could provide a small welcome gift of treats or a toy!
Recommendations for Pet-Proofing Your Short Term Rental Property
While ensuring pets are comfortable inside your short term rental is important, keeping them safe is even more important! How can you do that? Here are a few things to consider:
- Check your electrical cords, making sure they are covered or safely tucked away.
- Purchase a locking trash can, this helps keep curious pets out of the waste.
- Ensure your plant choices are pet safe.
Making your Smoky Mountain rental pet-friendly isn’t just a strategy; it’s a warm invitation to a broader clientele. Because in these mountains, everyone, including our four-legged friends, deserves a home away from home!