If you are trying to sell a home in today’s market there are a few things to keep in mind that will help your home stand apart from the pack. Prioritize and analyze what will fit in your budget and take the steps necessary to make your home show well and appeal to prospective buyers.
- Fresh & Clean: Inspect your home inside and out. Does it need a coat of paint? A fresh coat of paint will always be recouped in the sale of a home and is well worth the cost. Does it look clean and bright? Pack up the mess, the more clutter free a home the better it will show. Likewise, an empty house shows better.
- Curb appeal: Pay attention to your home as if you were a potential buyer. Is it inviting? Clean? Shore up your landscaping, make sure that your lawn is green and well-kept, that your flower beds are weeded and mulched, and that the exterior of your house is clean and respectable.
- Inspection: There will be a home inspection completed by the buyer, be prudent and do one yourself. Attend to items that could possibly hold up the sales process.
- Best areas of a home to update and remodel? The Master Bathroom and the Kitchen. Don’t spend the money to gut and redo your entire home but remodeling the master bath and kitchen areas of your home will make your home more appealing and grab a buyer’s eye.
- Evaluate: Are the remodel/updates going to net you more than you are putting into them? It is very important to pay attention to your local market and make the improvements that will help you not hurt you. If you are not going to get the money back that you are intending to put into your home don’t do the changes. Do the low-cost improvements and make do by making your home clean in its appearance.
Check out YahooRealEstate.com for more information and ways to sell your home or contact me , Jason White at The Jason White Team.